Sunday, August 7, 2011

Dark angel dreadnought


   This dreadnought  has been painted as a gift to my beloved husband for his birthday. It is a little late  but still: Sergey, Happy Birthday!
I wanted to paint it not just green but much more festive. Viewing the CMON gallery I've got an inspirations of Ana's dreadnought. I think golden rims enliven this model and give it more gothic and pathetic stile.
This time I also tried a new painting procedure. Knowing that the model is rather time consuming, I've started  with the most boring job - painting the legs. That's why I think they are the best-developed part of Zeus (yes, it's his name). Then I painted his arms and finally - the body. In general, the technique is controversial because my patience was getting low for the biggest and most prominent  part of model. There are a few details I am not satisfied with.

Этот дредноут был покрашен в качестве подарка моему любимому мужу на День его рождения. Немного запоздала со сроками, но, все-таки: Сережка, Поздравляю!!! 
Конечно, хотелось покрасить не просто зеленого, а праздничного, покрасивее. Поэтому, просмотрев галерею кульков, источником вдохновения был выбран дредноут Анны. Все эти нарисованные золотые кантики здорово оживляют модель, придавая ей более готический и пафосный вид. Однако, нарисовать их ровно получилось далеко не везде :). 
На модели попробовала для себя новый порядок покраски деталей. Зная, что модель довольно трудоемкая, начала с самой "скучной" детали - ноги. Именно поэтому считаю их лучше всего проработанной частью Зевса (да, это его имя). По тому же принципу далее были покрашены руки, и только потом самое интересное  - корпус. В общем, методика спорная, так как на самую видную и красивую часть терпения осталось совсем мало, и вижу много деталек, которыми осталась недовольна.
 
And several original photos:
Of course, my pride - legs (especially the rear)

И несколько исходных фотографий:
конечно, моя гордость - ноги (особенно сзади)
And the front:

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely amazing! I am a novice at painting minis and cant believe the details you put into this. Would love to know how you achieved the level you did.

    ReplyDelete